Establishing a legacy through the Family & Nursing Care Foundation
Family and Nursing Care was as of late perceived by the Washington Business Journal as one of the main 15 average size organizations forgiving in the Greater D.C. region. The Family and Nursing Care Foundation assumes a major part in the organization’s altruistic endeavors. At the point when I established Family and Nursing Care in 1968, my fantasy was to give more seasoned grown-ups and their families true serenity by offering them an asset for dependable, committed, and humane home consideration at whatever point it was required,” says Family and Nursing Care’s organizer and visionary, for more information visit Sandy Kurban.
At Family and Nursing Care,
They obviously comprehend that the expense of home consideration might be a hindrance to lower pay for more established grown-ups who could profit from home consideration. That is the reason Sandy laid out the Family and Nursing Care Foundation, an asset of the Greater Washington Community Foundation, in 2008. Through awards to local area accomplices, the Foundation assists lower-pay more established grown-ups with accessing required home consideration.
It makes me feel good inside that such countless individuals from our Family and Nursing Care staff have picked and keep on deciding to make gifts to the Family and Nursing Care Foundation – whether through finance derivation, at our yearly occasion party, or through drives, for example, our GivHero challenge, says Sandy.
Fostering the Next Generation of Caregivers
- The Family and Nursing Care Foundation, not just aids low-pay more seasoned grown-ups to approach quality home consideration, however, the Foundation likewise grants grant assets to Montgomery College to assist neighborhood understudies with turning into the up and coming age of prepared Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs).
- Sandy says it’s remunerating to converse with the grant beneficiaries – particularly upon graduation – and hear how thankful they are for the help that gave them an open door to work on their carries on with, yet additionally the existence of others.
- Sandy reviewed when a grant beneficiary asked her about joining Family and Nursing Care as a Caregiver. Subsequent to heeding Sandy’s direction and acquiring two years of long haul care insight in a nursing home or private obligation setting (Family and Nursing Care’s essential for onboarding Caregivers), the CNA grant beneficiary is currently a Caregiver with Family and Nursing Care and is assisting with working on the existences of clients through sympathetic consideration.
The quantity of Americans matured 65 and more established is projected to beyond twofold to 98 million by 2060, and Maryland’s extended populace of individuals north of 60 is supposed to make up 26% of the 6.7 million complete populace by 2030. Ongoing examinations have demonstrated that there should be more than 1.3 million new Caregivers to satisfy the home consideration need of this developing populace.
I began the Foundation since I needed to offer help to more seasoned grown-ups who couldn’t bear the cost of care, says Sandy. Presently, it’s additionally truly critical to ensure that we have an adequate number of Caregivers as the populace ages.
- Guardians sorted each of the 10 subjects tended in the overview as qualities, with Technology and Benefits and Compensation seeing a huge expansion in fulfillment over the 2020 study results. Moreover, 94% of respondents responded that Generally, I like being a parental figure in Family and Nursing Care.
- This year, we added an office staff review checking 14 unique regions. Our office staff distinguished each of the 14 regions as qualities, with Values and Vision and Supervision performing at a top tier level of 90% or above fulfillment rating.
- Clients communicated 94% fulfillment with the underlying admission process, and 96% of respondents addressed that they would prescribe Family and Nursing Care to a companion or relative.